Suite 4 (Ground Floor), 1329 Hay St, West Perth WA 6005
External image

Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485)visa

The 485 visa is a temporary working visa that allows students who have graduated from living, working and studying after they have graduated from an Australian educational institution. If a student has completed a number of qualifications in Australia, these may potentially be added together to meet the two-year study requirement. The qualification must be awarded through an Australian educational institution.

In order to qualify for a Subclass 485 visa, you:

  • Must hold an eligible visa.
  • Must be under 50 years of age.
  • Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of study requirement in the last six months in Australia.
  • Must be able to meet the English requirements.
  • Must meet health and character requirements.
  • Must have health insurance in Australia.


Subclass 485 applications must be lodged within six months of course completion.

The above are the main requirements that must be met along with the appropriate stream of visa.

Including Family Member

You can include the following family types of family members in your application:

  • Spouse and De facto partners
  • Dependent children


Each member of your family unit who wants to apply for this visa must:

  • meet Australia’s health and character requirements
  • have health insurance
  • sign the Australian Values Statement if they are older than 18 years of age.


We will work with you through each of the steps involved in this process to do everything possible to maximize your chances of qualifying for and being invited to apply for a permanent skilled visa for Australia.

Australian immigration law is complex, and laws and procedures change on a frequent basis. We strongly recommend that you contact us to confirm the General Skilled Migration (GSM) process and schedule a consultation with one of our Registered Migration Agents to assess your eligibility.

Australian Visas Categories:

Tourist and Visitor Visas

The Visitor visa is used by foreign nationals to travel…

Read more
Partner and Family Visas

Partner visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of…

Read more
Student Visa

International students who want to come to Australia to study…

Read more
Employer Sponsored Visas

Employer Sponsored visa lets skilled workers who are nominated by…

Read more
Temporary Graduate – 485 Visa

The 485 visa is a temporary working visa that allows…

Read more